Ir al contenido principal

Interview with Fanny Fabarres - Macelifter IMF Pro






Fanny Fabarres Macelifter IMF Pro Cat. 10 kg Macebell (France)
1st and only woman in the world to achieve the MM title (Master of Mace)

IMF: Hello Fanny, introduce yourself so that we get to know you better (where do you live, where do you train and who is your coach)
FF: Hello everyone. I live in Pouillon,  Landes department (40), in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region in FRANCE.
 I am a policeman and I will soon turn 38 years old.
 I have the best French coach Pascal Delente and I train at his club at the Association "YOKSUTHAÏ".

IMF: How and when did you start training at his club?
FF: I arrived  Pouillon in March 2016 and I discovered the association in September 2016.
 I first started as the only girl at the cross training classes and the guys from the "team" showed me the kettlebell,  I tried without being attracted to the discipline. Then “Coach” showed us the macebell and I immediately got hooked with it as I call it “the lollipop”.

IMF: What do you like most about Macelifting?
FF: I like the simplicity and the self-improvement to perform the tests 

IMF: What advice would you give to women who want to start practicing this sport?
FF: Don't be afraid.
 I find the Macelifting less restrictive for the body than the kettlebell.
 As we say "to try it is to adopt it".
 I started at the beginning with a simple plastic stick to learn the movements, then with a wooden broom handle with a weight of 1 kg.  And when we were more comfortable we started increasing the weight.

IMF: There are only two women in the world in the professional category of Macelifting.  Does it cost a lot of effort to reach this level?
FF: I am proud to have reached this category.  I train 2 times a week with "Coach" who gives me instructions and the rest of the "Team", they encourage me because there are moments with fatigue. 

IMF: What mace category do you think it is humanly posible for women macelifters to achieve during the classic biathlon event ?
FF: For the moment, I think that the 12.5 kg macebell is possible but difficult.

IMF: What tests do you like the most, those of strength or endurance?
FF: I prefer endurance with good attitude nothing is impossible.

IMF: If you were on an island and could only train with a macebell, what  weight would you choose?
FF: The choice is tough but  I would say the 7.5 kg one.

IMF: How does coronavirus affect your mace training?  
FF: I picked up my “lollipops” from the club to take them home so I could train, but
 I did not practice that much because my job demands a lot of time and energy.
 I think you don't necessarily have to be indoors to practice it.

IMF: Which one do you prefer, Swing 300º or swing 360º?
FF: I am a fan of Swing 300º, I find it more simple and less tiring than Swing 360º. After a good training, I like to perform some swings 300º with a 12.5 kg macebell 
Also my best  records have been done performing Swing 300º

IMF: What do you think about the Double Swing 360° test?
FF: Sincerely, I can't tell you, I have never tried.

IMF: Which Bulava Lifting Test do you prefer?
FF: I use them as a warm up for macelifting training, I have  more flexibility in my shoulders and my movements became more fluid. I performed some attempts in Bulava Mill No Limit with a home made Bulava, the problem is that our club  is not equipped with competition profesional bulavas yet, that is why I cant´t perform the tests. As soon as they arrived I would like to start a new challenge with the "mini lollipops"

 IMF: How do you imagine Macelifting in 10 years?
 FF: I hope it will develop like the kettlebell lifting, from a national and global point of view.
 Women must not be afraid to come and train with the "lollipop".
 Several clubs should be created to develop the discipline here in France.

 IMF: Thank you very much Fanny for sharing your story with us!
 FF: You're welcome and thank you.
  I would also like to tell the readers not to be afraid and to come and try!



LINKS OF INTEREST:





Entradas populares de este blog

Resultados Campeonato Nacional de Macelifting & Bulavalifting Madrid 2023

  Resultados del Campeonato Nacional de Macelifting & Bulavalifting celebrado el pasado 1 de Julio en Madrid en Singular Box. Muchas gracias a todos los macelifters y a Singular Box por su apoyo. Enhorabuena  a todos!! Biathlon Women 5 kg :  BW -65 kg  Senior  591 reps 1º Puesto  Inés González- Club: M.C.M. (pasa a categoría 7.5 kg)  BW +65 kg Senior 679 reps 1º Puesto Carmen González- Club: E.T.  (pasa a categoría 7.5 kg) Biathlon Men 5 kg: BW +75 kg Senior 719 reps 1º Puesto Jaime Rica-Club: R. (pasa a categoría 7.5 kg)  BW +75 kg Senior 716 reps 2º Puesto Ivan Delgado (pasa a categoría 7.5 kg) Biathlon Men 7.5 kg:  BW -75 kg Junior 650 reps 1º Puesto Martín López Rivas- Club: R. (pasa a categoría 10 kg) BW -75 kg Senior 695 reps 1º Puesto Vicente Puchal Pareja- Club: R.  (pasa a categoría 10 kg) Biathlon Men 10 kg: BW -75 kg Senior 578 reps 1º Puesto Antonio Rosal- Club: E.T. (pasa a categoría 12.5 kg)  BW +75 kg Senior 675 reps 1º Puesto Alex Celada- Club: M.C.M. (pasa a categ

WELCOME TO IMF

          Our Mission: This association aims to discover, initiate, improve, teach, promote, develop and make available to all and for a multitude of means, the discipline of Macelifting (macebell sport) and all related or complementary activities related to this; At the local, regional, national, European and international levels. _____________________ Bienvenidos a IMF. Nuestra Misión: Esta asociación tiene como objetivo descubrir, iniciar, mejorar, enseñar, promover, desarrollar y poner a disposición de todos y todas y por una multitud de medios, la disciplina de Macelifting (macebells de deporte) y todas las actividades relacionadas o complementarias relacionadas con esto; a nivel local, regional, nacional, europeo e internacional.

1st World Championship Macelifting & Bulavalifting RESULTS